top of page


Frequently Asked Questions

Get Informed

To make your visits easier, the team at Speech Therapy Services of the VI has put together a list of the most common questions they receive. Take a look at the questions and answers below.

If you still have some concerns, please get in touch.

Speech Therapist

What do I need to start Speech Therapy?

A doctor's referral is necessary.

The referral should be addressed to the Speech Therapist or Speech Language Pathologist.

The doctor's referral should include your demographic information, relevant diagnosis, reason for referral, any other pertinent information.

For children, an up to date hearing evaluation is also required.

Medical Consultation

Does Speech Therapy Services of the VI see children or adults?

Speech Therapy Services of the Virgin Islands conducts evaluations and treatments on both adults and children. 

Sessions can be done at the clinic, in schools and in the home environment. Location is determined on a case-by-case basis. 

Insurance Options

Coverage You Can Count On

Speech Therapy Services of the VI is an in-network provider with the National Health Insurance (NHI), providing quality service to the clients in the British Virgin Islands.

Speech Therapy Services of the VI is able to connect with additional insurance partners as requested by the client to explore coverage options in a specified network. 

Client 6

National Health Insurance

Comprehensive Plan

If Speech Therapy is warranted, National Health Insurance (NHI) requires preauthorization before services begin. A doctor's referral is necessary in order for Speech Therapy Services of the VI to request for Speech Therapy to attain authorization for coverage.

bottom of page